Full Mouth Reconstruction | Westminster MA
Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of completely restoring all of the teeth in your mouth. Full mouth reconstruction, unlike a “smile makeover”, is a necessary series of procedures, rather than an elective surgery. Full mouth reconstruction is needed when: many teeth have been lost, multiple teeth have been injured or fractured, teeth have become worn as a result of acid-erosion or jaw pain is present due to bite problems.
Procedures Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Every patient’s full mouth reconstruction is different and, therefore, full mouth reconstruction requires multiple office visits and some amount of healing time. Dr. Palermo can determine which procedure or combination of procedures is necessary to restore and rebuild your perfect smile. Dr. Palermo will also refer you to dental specialists if need be. He will work along side the specialists as necessary.
Some Options Include:
- Periodontal Therapy
- Root Canal Therapy
- Crown lengthening to prepare tooth structure for possible crowns and bridges
- Surgery to reposition the jaw (Orthognathic Surgery)
- Contouring of gum tissue
- Placement of temporary restorations to allow time for your body to adjust to a new bite
- Orthodontic treatment to move teeth prior to final placement of restorations
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to increase stability of your final restorations
- Multiple areas of permanent placement of crowns, bridges, implants and veneers